Pages

Sunday 1 February 2009

UK Snow Storm

Facebook Pinterest StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Digg Email Delicious
It doesn't snow that often in the UK and so when we have some on the way the news channels go a bit mad with predictions of "road chaos" and other doom and gloom ideas. But this time it seems to have actually been a bit true. Sunday night I was travelling along the motorway when the weather changed pretty quick and it started to snow quite a lot.



Later that night it seemed to get even worse and at about 11pm there seemed to be about 5cm or more settled everywhere, even the road looked covered and un-touched.



My car is the one covered in the middle. As you can see, it was coming down pretty fast.



They say on the news that it will continue through the night and could be as much as 15cm by the morning. If its that bad and they don't clear the road, I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to work!

1 comment:

Kangas said...

I must confess that I'm absolutely delighted by the photos and videos you have here, although I know the situation was pretty bad there.

I've never seen snow in my life (apart from photos and on TV of course) and when I see something like this I look like a child smiling and giggling.

The news about the snow in the UK reached Australian channels and every morning I used to have breakfast looking and the roads there. I was particularly chocked by some imagines we got here of the cars sliding on the roads. There were these two cars that almost colided. Really impressive.Dangerous as well.

I also heard about a plane at Heathrow Airport. That's the dark side of the white snow.

I hope the situation improves and no destruction is made.

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures. I really loved them. I wish I could go there now and see that snow.

Regards

Kangas