Pages

Saturday 11 April 2009

Engagement

Facebook Pinterest StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Digg Email Delicious
So, this weekend we announced our engagement, Inês and I. After 5 and a half years, we've finally got round to it. But the story started about a month ago, in Rome...

I had everything prepared and asked Inês to marry me whilst in Rome. The ring, the champagne and a bit of romance. But having famlies in two different countries makes telling everyone a little difficult. We decided that as we were in Portugal for Easter that would be the best time to tell everyone. So a few days before our flight we arranged a meal with my parents to tell them. It went really well and they were happy for us, pestering us already for the date of the wedding and when we were having children! Inês' parents was a little more difficult as I would have to ask in Portuguese, when my knowledge is extremely lacking. We arrived in Portugal and there was a meal planned at a Brazilian restaurant, where we were going to tell them. When we arrived though it was very quiet, much too quiet for an announcement like this! We bottled it and ended up telling them back at the house while having some Easter cake. It worked out well as they were very happy.

It now falls to telling everyone else, people on my blog, Facebook, MySpace and Hi5 should know when they next have a look. I'm sure my mum will be phoning, texting and e-mailing everyone she knows furiously. One of our neighbours has already RSVP'ed and we haven't arranged anything yet.

Now is the long and difficult task of arranging everything. It will probably be August 2010, and somewhere in Portugal, so if you think you'll be going, that's when you have to keep free.

1 comment:

Kangas said...

I'm so happy for you and your fiancé. You are such a great couple who deserves all the best in the world.

Like me you also know how difficult it is a long distance relationship (although the distance between you guys were not as huge as mine) and you too overcame the problem never giving up on each other. That's beautiful. Congratulations for both of you. I'm very very happy for you both. :D

I wish you all the very best throughout your life.

Very kind regards

Kangas