Pages

Monday 10 November 2008

Weekend antics

Facebook Pinterest StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Digg Email Delicious
Nov 5th was bonfire night, or Guy Fawkes night, in the UK and due to the global economic problems, there seemed to be far fewer fireworks compared to last year. The weekend just gone though made up for it somewhat as there were quite a few fireworks going off around the place, nowhere near as many as last year. If you're not used to fireworks night in the UK, it normally resembles the Iraq night sky. We decided to go to a local fireworks display at Danson Park that claims to have over £15,000 worth of fireworks and be in its 37th year. I've included a couple of videos, one showing the massive mortars they had near the end and also the closing finale, quite spectacular.





Also this weekend we continued to try to make the most of our house, clearing away old rubbish down the local dump, er, I mean recycling center. I can't believe how much stuff people, and myself, throw away. I had a perfectly good cabinet that no-one I knew wanted and so I threw it away. After my Gumtree/Craigslist experience I can hardly blame myself for not wanting to sell or give it away to someone. It just seems such a waste, there could have been someone just round the corner from me who could have really used it. My loft as a result seems to be a dumping ground for things that are too good to throw away, but not good enough to keep in the main house. This caused me such hassle as I was trying to add some more insulation in the loft that I almost decided there and then to just throw it literally out of the window! I wasn't trying to save money, but stop mould. Horrible, stinky annoying mould. My wardrobe seems to get cold, and then condensation forms on the wall (which is at the back) and then mould seems to grow. A lot of my clothes are ruined and it has been a major headache for over a year now. I thought I solved it once and it came back. This weekend I'm adding more insulation to the inside of the wardrobe, on the external wall.

Another funny thing (for me the geek anyway) is that I work for a company that makes rigid foam insulation, one of the best thermal performing insulation, and I end up using glass-fibre wool in the loft, and polystyrene in the wardrobe.

I do seem to ramble but I've got a lot to get down and not the time to organise! I am also in the process of selling Rock Band for the Wii and awaiting my pre-order delivery of Guitar Hero: World Tour for the PS3. ARGH! Why is it taking so long to arrive, it was posted last week I've just got a new 46" HDTV as well to play it on, everything is just waiting for it to arrive, the re-arranged front-room, the new TV. I'll write about it as soon as I've had a chance to play. In the meantime I'll continue to play LittleBigPlanet on my own or with my girlfriend if I can convince her to play along. So far it seems a great game, easy and difficult at the same time, cute but not childish. I even think it has a great longevity factor, I know it has only just come out, but the quality of the game is fantastic, really polished and original.

1 comment:

Ines said...

LBP is sooooo cute it makes me want to be a sack girl. Your TV is far too big. The fireworks were very nice and the videos very good. I really enjoyed it.